In the fulfillment of their duties, access management professionals must in general ensure that:
- Users and their approvers are properly identified,
- Access is approved and granted on a timely basis,
- Access is removed timely and completely when users change jobs or roles,
- Access Control Matrix is maintained and periodically audited to ensure access permissions are valid and accurate,
- User activities are recorded, and
- Incidents or events are properly managed.
This video summarizes the 10 Critical Risk Domains of the Certified Access Management Specialist (CAMS) program which professionals must understand and master in order to earn the CAMS designation:
- Security Objectives
- Access Controls
- Rights Management
- Access Control Matrix
- Logging and Monitoring
- Event Management
Identity Management Institute is a leading international organization which provides thought leadership, training and professional certification to its global members who are interested in identity management topics such as identity governance, identity and access management, identity theft protection, compliance, data protection, and technology.